Spam has started to get annoying at my WFS account…I used to not get any. But Sandy (sales) and I both have our email out there enough that it was bound to happen sooner or later. For the last month I’ve been getting bombarded with spam in German and lots of Viagra related stuff. No comments from the cheap seats on that one please. With Bruce Elgort having been in town recently, I got inspired to download and install KSpam. I finished the install Friday and have been building up the “good” and “spam” databases to try out the Bayesian filtering. We’ll probably have enough in the next couple of days to turn it on for real and see how it’s doing. Let you know in a few days.

Friday night I was going to get back and do some more development for IPAQ. Went to enter my 4 digit password for it, and it froze up. Hmm, how to reset. I looked around and couldn’t find it. Opened the battery cover and looked under there…nothing.

I was firing up the laptop anyway, so I figured I could just look it up online….no internet connection. Drat! I’ve recently switched from ISDN (how archaic!) to DSL. My neighborhood finally got in the loop! Anyway, the equipment I’d used before had built in router and NAT, but the DSL modem doesn’t so I’ve always been switching things around from the desktop to wireless laptop, etc… Instead of tramping around the house resetting everything and risking waking up the kids, I said screw it and watched Tour De France highlights instead. Go Lance!

Oh, as for the reset…turn the IPAQ over, look for a hole on the side of the battery cover on the right side near the bottom. Hit it with the stylus, bingo!

Time to go home before Marla divorces me, but I am so close. I’m just working on a Hello World app, but I figured out the “j9 runtime not found” error. This is because you don’t need to specify the …bin directory, just stop at the XXXarm directory. However, I’m still getting an error about finding java/lang/object when it attempts to run on the device. I’m going back to review the paths for installing everything as I noticed that initially classes.zip wasn’t anywhere on the device. I’ve moved it around a few places and tried including it on the arguments line, but no success so far. I did find some good threads on the web from a couple of forums and I’ll post those when I have time over the weekend or Monday.

A nice round of applause and thanks to Bruce Elgort of OpenNTF for flying down to Dallas to participate in our Dallas user group meeting. This blog entry covers a little bit of info from that meeting, some KSpam stuff, Lotus Workplace Web Content Manager (LWWCM), and Websphere Studio Device Developer.